Keiskie Mountain Trail Run

Our trail grading: BROWN 9B
Distance: 14.67km
Extremeness: Off-trail and technical jeep tracks
Location: Keiskie, Calvinia, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This Saturday morning I was back on the farm where extreme jogging started. I'm not really fit enough to run all the way up the mountain, so I took the straightest route up. I still suffered. From Keiskie farm house I headed back to town and after 1.5km, I turned straight towards the mountain. You can follow a jeep track to the base of the mountain, but after that you're on your own. I took game trails all the way to the top and then came back on jeep track. The view from the top was epic... let's not talk about my legs.

Never ending views

On my way up

Tough climb

At the top

Short rest

Now for the down
Map

Altitude, distance & pace

Comments

Popular Posts