Vaalkop Trail Run

Our trail grading: GREEN 3A
Distance: 11.5km
Extremeness: Tough climb with some exploration on the koppie
Location: Keiskie farm, Calvinia, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

On this run I was alone again, struggling up the hill towards Kliprug. The first and last 4km of this run are exactly the same as the Krieboombad trail run. However, instead of carrying on with the contour towards the Kareeboom spring, you turn right towards Vaalkop on an old jeep track which is currently only a sheep track. I lost the track somewhere at the top and did some exploratory jogging towards the outer edge of Keiskie. I did a small circular route and then cranked-up the pace back home to the Keiskie farm.

Interesting: with this run I covered the last part of established jeep track/gravel road on Keiskie... i.e. I complete the challenge of running all roads on Keiskie within my December holidays!









Posted by Picasa


Endomondo Running Workout: was out running 11.43 km in 1h:19m:32s using Endomondo.


Endomondo altitude & speed profile
Endomondo Google Earth track

Comments

Popular Posts