Helderberg Black+ Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 6B
Distance: 7.5km
Extremeness: Very hot with two notable climbs
Location: Helderberg, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This afternoon it was me, Helderberg and 35 degrees heat again... My route started with the familiar 1km single track after which I turned left unto the Blue hiking trail - in search of the Black hiking trail. I found the Black trail a bit higher up on the mountain than I expected. It is an awesome contour single track that, unfortunately, stopped after 600m where I joined the Blue trail and descended towards the gate. Just before the gate I turned left unto another trail I have never jogged before, the Brown hiking trail. It started off nicely  with beautiful views of the Hottentots Holland Mountains, but then started to climb rapidly and without break. I turned back home after about 5km and turned up the pace (where possible) heading down to where Riana and Adriaan were waiting at the car.









Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts