Helderberg Double Black Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 2B
Distance: 8.5km
Extremeness: Fairly easy with a very tough climb
Location: Helderberg, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

I don't think I will ever get tired of starting my Helderberg runs in the awesome pine plantation next to the gate house. Unfortunately this piece of off-road heaven did not last long and within a minute or two I found myself on the Yellow Hiking Trail moving upwards. At the upper gate where the main route split I took the Blue Hiking Trail, anti-clockwise, and then turned unto the Black Hiking Trail - following the beautiful contour single track until I reached the other leg of the Blue Hiking Trial 600m later. From here on the climb got tougher and I followed the Blue Hiking Trail all the way to the top. The view was awe-inspiring and after taking a photo or two I stowed my camera away before going all Rock & Roll downhill! I also ran the Black Hiking Trail a second time and hence the name Double Black Trail Run. That is also how I ended up drinking a Double Johnnie Walker Black while drafting this post!

Interesting: For all the confused readers that has never hiked in Helderberg Nature Reserve before, here is the link to the website with the Helderberg hiking routes. Now you will also be able to understand the colour codes used above!











Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts