De Wijnlanden Trail Run

Our trail grading: YELLOW 2A
Distance: 6.85km
Extremeness: Trying to avoid t@r...
Location: De Wijnlanden, Eersterivier, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

We were visiting family in De Wijnlanden for the Super 15 rugby and a braai, so I decided to take a jog inside the complex. I started at their house and was forced to jog on people's lawn to avoid the t@r! I soon turned onto a nice rocky gravel road and passed a number of beautiful dams. The route turned at the gate house from where I jogged on a road following the outer perimeter. The route became a bit sandy at one stage and I jogged past the sport club house of the complex up to the fence closest to Baden Powell road. I turned around at 3km and headed back to the gate house on a different path. I took a different route on the other side of the dams this time after which I headed back home. Next to the house I turned right to do an off-road victory lap around the vineyard in the middle of De Wijnlanden. All in all an easy and very enjoyable jog. Since I forgot my camera I was forced to take photographs with my cellphone... they turned out to be not bad at all and I managed to simultaneously track my route using Endomondo!


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts