Kliprug Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 1A
Distance: 16.6km
Extremeness: Cold thin air and some altitude gain
Location: Kliprug, Calvinia, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

Today I had the privilege to jog on Kliprug, a farm owned by my father in law. The winter rains just started to fall and the field was beautiful. I drove from the Keiskie house to the gate of Kliprug and commenced my jog here. The thin air made it a bit tougher, but the beauty of the place, the clean air and the dead silence made it worth the suffering. I think the pictures tell the full story...

Looking back from Kliprug's gate
This lamb did not survive the extreme jog
This very red road made me think about Oudtshoorn
Looking back towards Keiskie
This small dam shows how wet it really was
The start of the downhill
The beautiful mountains of the Hantam
More downhill
Kliprug's abandoned farm stalls
This cliff is called "the waterfall" (for obvious reasons) 
My grandfather & father in law actually stayed here until 1947 
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts