Tietiesbaai Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7A
Distance: 18.5km
Extremeness: Off-road, plants and sand
Location: Tietiesbaai, Paternoster, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

What a perfect winters morning for trail running at the West Coast! I started on the beach and decided to keep as close to the sea as possible. My route took me from Kliprug (Paternoster), to Bekbaai, to Tietiesbaai, and eventually I ended up at Varswaterbaai. The sand at Varswarerbaai was extremely soft and I headed away from the sea. At this stage my legs were taking strain - must have been all the off-road and beach running - and I took a gravel road leading back to the R399 Paternoster road. After jumping over a gate (seems that I was on a private road), I headed back to Paternoster.

The foot paths of Bekbaai
Heading towards Tietiesbaai
The sand was very soft in some places
Weast Coast living
The Paternoster light house
Tietiesbaai parking
Sea gull heaven
The awesome single track to Varswaterbaai
More rock skipping...
Varswaterbaai
Heading back to the R399
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts