Somerset Exploration Trail Run

Our trail grading: YELLOW 2A
Distance: 6km
Extremeness: Fences and shaky areas
Location: Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

I decided to explore the "trail" areas close to my house today. I headed towards Sir Lowry's Pass Village and turned left unto a gravel road. The road criss-crossed through vacant land set out to become a security complex one day. My destination... to reach a little hill I spotted from Somerset West. I climbed and climbed and to my utmost disappointment I was blocked by an electrical fence (see photo three below). I followed the fence towards Sir Lowry's Pass Village and realized that the fence runs for kilometres and is probably the outer fence of Waterkloof Wine Farm. I headed downward towards the main road and on my way back I ran pass a number of abandoned "picnic" spots, a paint-ball area and an abandoned house/ware house. I assume these shaky areas made it quite extreme...

One serious pothole
Gordon's Bay in the background
The electric fence that basically stopped my exploration
Hottentots Holland Mountains & Waterkloof Restaurant in the distance
Unknown territory

Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts