West Peak Solo Trail Run

Our trail grading: GREEN 5B
Distance: 12km
Extremeness: Technical single track, a 900m climb and heat!
Location: Helderberg Nature Reserve, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

After work on Friday afternoon I decided to run to West Peak and back, given that I would not be jogging on Saturday. I went on my own and at 16:30... not the greatest time to run up a mounting during the hot summer months. I thoroughly enjoyed the run and it was truly extreme. The heat made it extremely tough, but the view made it worth the suffering!

West Peak is the peak on the left
The uphill, with the Dome in the background
Almost there - with Hottentots Holland Mountains behind me
Looking towards Stellenbosch Mountains
On West Peak looking towards Gordon's Bay
Looking towards Cape Town - Table Mountain and Cape Point is visible in the distance
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts