Tierkop Trail Run

Our trail grading: GREEN 4B
Distance: 24.23km
Extremeness: Tough climb and off-trail
Location: Outenique Mountain, George, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

I started the run at our house in George and made my way to the Pepsie pools - the source of the Garden Route Dam. I then took a new single track towards Tierkop which ended in a disaster... I was soon lost in an indigenous forest and had to pull out my Endmondo for directions. Eventually I made my way to the jeep track towards Tierkop and climbed all the way to the hut. After a selfie I ran down and decided to take another short-cut. Again it did not work out as the low water bridge I was planning to use was not there any more. I had to take the Pepsie pool route and was really struggling on the final stretch. Awesome extreme jog non the less...


Green green grass

Awesome single track

River crossing

Pepsie Pools

Crossing over to the other side of the dam

A weird mushroom I found in the forest where I got lost

The climb towards Tierkop

Garden Route Dam

The view towards Cradoc Peak

In Tierkop hut's window

The way down

Selfie

The low water bridge that is no more



Comments

Popular Posts