Spur Cape Summer Trail Series 2015 (Race 1)

Our trail grading: ORANGE 8B
Distance: 11.7km
Extremeness: Technical single track and tough uphill start
Location: Tygerberg Nature Reserve, Plattekloof, South Africa
Joggers: Me and 398 other crazy people

So this year I decided to do a number of trail races... This is my first one in over 3 years and only the second one on this blog - after the awesome Mnweni Marathon post. The race was at Tygerberg Nature Reserve and started with a gruelling 1.67km climb. Thereafter there were a lot of ups and downs on some interesting single tracks. When our route joined up with the runners on the shorter route at 7.6km, the pace went down considerably and I decided to just chill. The heat was fairly intense and I am super happy that I carried my hydra-pack, as well as my headlamp with me - the last couple of kilometres were fairly dark. After the race I sat down to pull a thorn from my one shoe and left my camera on the ground - in the dark. I only realised my mistake when I got home! Luckily all trail runners are trustworthy and someone picked it up and handed it to Team WildRunner, who were so kind to return it to me and leave a "usie"!

The start and finish of the SCST Race 1

Team wiGroup - Russel, Andre, Francois, Jaco, Gary & Charlene

Selfie after the first hill

The field spreading out

1.5km before the end... awesome scenery of Cape Town

The photo I found on my camera after it was lost & found - Team Wildrunner!

The course map provided by Wildrunner


Comments

Popular Posts