Newlands Forest Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 4B
Distance: 10km
Extremeness: Moderate uphill & technical single track
Location: Newlands Forest, Cape Town, South Africa
Joggers: Alistair Chivell, Leslie Chivell & me

This morning I did an extreme jog with Alistair Chivell and his father Leslie Chivell - a cross country legend. At 60 years of age he showed us "youngsters" how to run our standard Newlands Forest loop and how to totally kill the tough uphill. Lucky I had my camera with me and I pretended to stop in order to take photos. Our pace was fairly chilled for most of the route, but we properly picked up the pace towards the end and finished with a decent 3:50 min kilometre.


The sun not out yet

Admiring the sunrise

Al pointing at wiGroup

Some more pointing

Leslie Chivell ripping up the toughest hill

The toughest hill ripping up Alistair Chivell


Comments

Popular Posts