Spur Cape Summer Trail Series 2015 (Race 3)

Our trail grading: YELLOW 6A
Distance: 14.29km
Extremeness: Technical single track
Location: Lebanon Forest, Grabouw, South Africa
Joggers: Me and 314 other runners

This was my favourite run of the Summer Trail Series so far! I got there early and watched the sun rise over the beautiful dam next to the finish line. The race started with a small, manageable hill which then broke into 2km of fast jeep track. I felt fairly strong climbing today and enjoyed the steady ascent up to 6km. From this route we made a sharp left onto an awesome single track which I've done before. The single track starts fairly technical and rocky and then becomes smooth and soft as it snakes down the hill towards the dam. I was in a small group of 4 guys who cranked up the pace and enjoyed the freedom before we linked up with the Short Route runners. The final kilometre on the single track as a bit frustrating to me... running past various people and jumping over a few bushes. The route finished with a terrible little grassy hill, but the awesome medal I got made it worth it. 3 out of 3 for training... now for the real trail running... Wildrunner XLs here I come!

First light

Basking in the early morning sun before the race

Serious Group B runners and Francois

Steady climb

Looking back

The steepest part of the trail

The Championship Medal!

The course map provided by Wildrunner

Comments

Popular Posts