Coetzenburg Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: YELLOW 7A
Distance: 6.4km
Extremeness: Moderate climb and some technical single track
Location: Coetzenburg, Stelenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

Today was my first run in a week after these terrible bugs took me out! I'm still on antibiotics so took it fairly easy. I just needed to keep the legs going and did a standard Coetzenburg loop. I started from my house, headed to the Eersterivier and then climbed to the abandoned house. From here I took the contour single track and saw some of the fire damage on the route - fairly devastating. Finally I headed down past the Coetzenburg dam and picked up the pace on the final stretch next to the Eersterivier.

Looking towards Jonkershoek

Single track with Simonsberg as backdrop

Tough single track climb

Awesome scenery looking towards Botmaskop

This is fire damage from the Jonkershoek Fires!

More fire damage


Comments

Popular Posts