Botmaskop Jonkershoek Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: GREEN 7B
Distance: 25km
Extremeness: Tough climb and technical single track
Location: Botmaskop & Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I did an epic solo loop! I started at my house and after quickly jogging into the Spar for Energy drinks and bars I headed up Botmaskop. I started nice and slow and from Botmaskop headed into Jonkershoek on top of the mountain. I was accompanied by a troop of baboons for a couple of kilometres. I reached the Saddle in just over two hours and then headed down to the Jonkershoek gate. My family decided to pay me a visit and I did a loop or two with my son on the kiddie single track before heading home. The good news is, it feels like I'm getting stronger!


Heading towards Botmaskop

Final climb to the top of Botmaskop

My route from Botmaskop into Jonkershoek

Epic view back towards Botmaskop

Simonsberg

Looking down towards Stellenbosch

Baboons on a fairly steep climb!

Still with me

Almost at the Saddle - Pieke in the background

My son on his single track...


Comments

Popular Posts