Garden Route Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 4A
Distance: 14.63km
Extremeness: Moderate climb and awesome technical single track
Location: Outeniqua Mountains, George, South Africa
Joggers: Bert van der Westhuizen & me

I got out of bed early this morning and was in the forest at about 6:20am - it is always fun to jump over roots in the dark. I met Bert after about 2km into the route and he showed me a fairly awesome 10km loop in the forests above Glen Barrie. We climbed to the top of a hill called "Sampie se hoogte" and then took a couple of awesome single tracks down to the bottom contour. I just love running in the always green Garden Route!

Early morning selfie

After the climb

Some refreshments

A nice place to chill - in summer!

Green, greener, greenest

Awesome single track on my way back

Love this place!


Comments

Popular Posts