Jonkershoek Mountain Challenge (JMC) 2015

Our trail grading: BROWN 7C
Distance: 38.72km
Extremeness: Tough climb and very technical single track
Location: Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Me and 200 other crazy runners

Today I finish the epic JMC 38km! This Wildrunner event was my longest race yet and it is part of the Mountain Challenge Series. We were blessed with amazing weather today and the scenery was truly impressive. Luckily I've done all these single tracks before, so I was prepared for the brutal technicality of the down-hills above Kurktrekker and down from Check Point 2. I'll let the photos speak for themselves... epic epic epic! ;)

Before the race - sorry Mia, terrible photo of my daughter

First light

The climb starts

Awesome single track of Sosyskloof

Going up Swartboskloof

View from the top of Swartboskloof

More awesome single tracks

Running above the clouds

Single track towards Check Point 2 below the Pieke

Look at he zigzag down from CP2

At check point 2... feeling strong

Awesome detour underneath the dam wall!

Mia likes my medal!



Comments

Popular Posts