Krakadouw Pass Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 15.1km
Extremeness: Awesome super technical single tracks & a climb
Location: Krakadouw, Cederberg, Clanwilliam, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

On Friday morning I had the privilege of waking up in a valley next to the Cederberg mountains! I put on my trail shoes and headed onto the closest single track I could locate on a map I found in the old farm house - a hiking trail called Krakadouw Pass. The single track started with 2km of river sand, super tough to run on. It became more technical from there, into the valley and past an old Anglo Boer War Block House. Unfortunately living in denial of an Achilles can only take you that far, and I turned around after 1h30min - 7.5km into my run. The scenery was breathtaking and I wish I was in better shape to head further into the mountains... next time! :)

The start of adventure

Beach running?! :|

The first climb

Technical single track selfie

Epic view of the Block House

Single track next to the river

Deeper into the valley

And deeper


Map

Altitude, pace & distance


Comments

Popular Posts