Black River Parakeet Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 9B
Distance: 7.95km
Extremeness: Sand
Location: Black River Gorge, Black River, Mauritius
Joggers: Only me

Today I snuck in a last run in Mauritius at last light. Black River Gorge was closing up so I physically had 1h20 to complete my run. This time I took the Parakeet trail and it was already getting dark. The trail followed the river, crossed it a few times and then, in true Black River fashion, climbed without stopping. I was running out of time and had to turn around 50min into my run. At that stage I've covered about 4km of ankle breaking terrain and saw various monkey, frogs and even bats. I was very chuffed to navigate down in semi-darkness without breaking one of my ankles.

Ankle breaking trail

Yes, those are all bats

Last light in Black River Gorge

Trail food

Some light

Where I turned around

Map

Altitude, distance & pace



Comments

Popular Posts