Jonkershoek Eastern Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 8B
Distance: 16km
Extremeness: Technical single track and a tough climb
Location: Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Deryck Nel & me

On Saturday morning we did an awesome Jonkershoek Eastern Loop. We started on the first section of Canary and then headed deeper into Jonkershoek on the first contour. We climbed all sections of Never Ending and then headed back on the top contour below Pieke. The weather was great and we ran the entire run in the shadows of the mountains. I can feel I'm slowly getting fitter... my legs were with me up to 14km. ;)

Looking at the tough climb

Jonkershoek at its best

Spot the runner

Looking at the other side of Jonkershoek (Haelkop on the right)...

Map 
Altitude, distance & pace


Comments

Popular Posts