Stellenbosch Mountain Trail Run

Our trail grading: BROWN 7C
Distance: 5.7km
Extremeness: Technical single tracks and a tough climb
Location: Coetzenburg, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I decided to take an alternative route up Stellenbosch Mountain. I climbed to the abandoned hut on my standard routes and then decided to go straight up the fire path recently created. It was tough going, but in only 2.7km from my house I reached the first beacon. I took a photo or two and then headed down the normal hiking route on a chilled trot. What a beautiful morning to be in the mountains!


Looking into Jonkershoek
 
The fire path

Awesome contour single track

At the first beacon, looking into Jonkershoek

Summit selfie

Looking down at the Winelands

Down with Simonsberg and Botmaskop as backdrop

Summer is coming... the first snake of spring.


Map

Altitude, pace & distance

Comments

Popular Posts