Stellenbosch Mountain First Beacon Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 7 km
Extremeness: Technical single track and a climb
Location: Stellenbosch Mountain, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

Saturday morning I was up early to go for a chilled run up Stellenbosch Mountain. I did not know how high I would go, but just after I started, I decided to climb the the First Beacon only. I can feel the year has been long and I don't want to injure myself before I get to do some trail running in Calvinia! I took the straightest road up on the lower slopes and then got onto the normal hiking trail. At the top I enjoyed the epic views, reflected on a thing or two, and then headed down at an easy pace.

The start of the climb

More climbing

View towards Simonsberg

Heading up

Some scrambling on the way up

The first beacon (and cross)

Summit Selfie

Sun ring

Map

Altitude, distance & pace

Comments

Popular Posts